Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yellow Rose of...Virginia?

It's been sort of a ridiculous few weeks, culminating with my missing three days of work and receiving lots of kind words, thoughts, cards and flowers from friends and family...for which I am truly grateful.

On a high note, the time off has allowed me some serious knitting time. I'm making progress on all my WiPs (works in progress) and have started a few new ones too. It almost feels like I'll never update the blog since these things take so long, and I don't want to post unfinished pictures. (Though, for real-time WiP status, check out my Ravelry page!)

















So, since I can't post any knitting projects (yet), I wanted to share the absolutely gorgeous yellow roses that my best friend gave me. She was a total champ last week, and spent hours last week knitting and hanging out with me and my mom whilst enduring day-time TV. (Really, my mom didn't know who Rachael Ray was...?) (Damnit! Did I just link Rachael Freakin' Ray on my blog?! Ugh.)

Anyway, not only did BFF get my favorite flowers (yellow roses), but they are just out of this world gorgeous. Good job!! So, here they are, captured at the peak of awesomeness.

Rove you Risa :)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty friggen awesome roses. I hope they are dead by now or else they are probably crazy robot roses and cannot be trusted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy comment!!!!!!!!

    Sadly, they are dead by now. But, that's why I took a picture and memorialized them in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete