Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jamie's Neon Knit Purse

So, my cousin Jamie's birthday is in September, and she'll be 13. After accompanying her to a concert this spring, I noticed that she (and, apparently all teenage girls) are suffering from 1980s-esque love of neon.

I wanted to knit her something for her birthday, and thought that Susan Dittrichs' Flapper Purse would be awesome.

And, of course, when I asked her what color she would like....the answer was lime freakin' green.

Shockingly, Caron SimplySoft Brites actually makes a lime green yarn. And, here it is in progress.




I used the Flapper Purse pattern as inspiration, but the main stitching is done in a wheat-ear cable, instead of plain cable panels. I will post full pattern details once it's finished.

Meanwhile...during the photo op we had One Very Bad Cat.




Kira Kitty is usually very good...but, unlucky for me, she has a "thing" for knitting needles. What can I say, great minds think alike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment